Unbeaten Heavyweight Destroyer Deontay Wilder Moves to 29-0 (29 KOs) with Huge KO of Sergei Liakhovich!
By Ace Freeman (09-Aug-2013)
Deontay Wilder KO 1 Sergei Liakhovich
Undefeated American heavyweight Deontay Wilder made short, easy and violent work of former world titleist Sergei Liakhovich when he dispatched him in the first round moments ago as seen live on SHOWTIME® from Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio, CA! Wilder started out using his jab to establish distance and the first right hand he landed put Liakhovich’s back against the ropes. The American loaded up his big right hand and dropped it in the form of a one-two and the result was devastating. Liakhovich dropped like a ton of bricks and was separated from his senses as his arms and legs flailed uncontrollably until medical attention arrived. The win kept Wilder’s impressive KO streak alive as he moves to 29-0 with 29 knockouts. Liakhovich moves to 25-6 (16 KOs) with the loss. Stay tuned for a full recap to follow.
- PBC on Spike TV: Khan-Algieri clash Saturday!
- The Next Generation: The Teofista Boxing Series Returns on May 29 to Showcase Top Prospects
- Canada’s Steve ‘The Dragon’ Claggett to headline Golden Boy Fox Sports card June 26 vs. Alan Sanchez!
- Watch: DeGale drops Dirrell on route to historic win!
- Brandon Brewer and Tyson Cave pick up impressive stoppage wins on hard hitting Moncton card!
- PBC: DeGale out-points Dirrell in a great fight on NBC!
- Weekend Scorecard: Logan McGuinness wins in Boston, Fedosov and Thompson win ESPN Boxcino Tournament!
- Watch: Ulysse Jr. batters Rincon in Round 5 in Quebec!