The Ramirez – Ahmed / Ancajas – Gonzalez world championship event was televised live on ESPN and ESPN Deportes from the Bank of America Center in Corpus Christi, Texas.
• Unbeaten Mexican Champion Gilberto ‘Zurdo’ Ramírez defended his title for the third time after taking out Habib Ahmed at 2:31of the sixth round.
“I felt great on this fight. We worked hard to get the knockout win, and we did it. That was the kind of performance I was looking for. Like we had planned, my hand was raised and I’m going back home with the title”
“I want to clean the Super Middleweight division, and I want to unify titles. I want to face all the champions. I’m willing to go to Europe to challenge the winner of the WBSS tournament”
“I would like to fulfill my dream of defending my world title in front of my people of Mazatlan”
• Filipino fireball Jerwin Ancajas successfully defended his IBF Jr. Bantamweight title by defeating Israel González by technical knockout at 1:50 del of the tenth round.
“Yesterday Manny (Pacquiao is his co-promoter) prayed for me, and today before the fight he called me to tell me to be relaxed and to not put any extra pressure on myself. He told me to be myself inside the ring, and that is what I did. It was a tough fight, but I felt very strong all throughout the fight and that’s why I came out with the victory at the end”
• Super Middleweight contender Jesse Hart knocked out Thomas Awimbono at 1:28 of the first round.
• Former Honduran Olympian Teofimo López defeated Juan Carlos Sánchezby unanimous decision.
• Unbeaten welterweight contender José Benavídez Jr. beat Mattew Strode by technical knockout at 2:21 of the eight round.
• Young prospect Gabe Flores Jr. knocked out Alex Solorio in the first round.
• In his pro debut, Israeli prospect David Kaminsky beat Rafael Muñoz by unanimous decision.
• Rohan Murdock defeated Frank Filippone by technical knockout at the end of the fourth round. Filippone’s corner stopped the fight.
For more information visit: www.TopRank.com, www.ESPN.com/boxing; Facebook: Facebook.com/trboxing, Facebook.com/trboxeo, Facebook.com/espndeportes; Twitter: Twitter.com/trboxing, Twitter.com/trboxeo, @ESPN @ESPNBoxeo, @ESPNDeportes. Use the hashtags #RamirezAhmed and #AncajasGonzalez to join the conversation on social media.
Powered by Facebook Comments