Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/55913/domains/fightfan.com/html/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 99
Eric de Guzman, President and CEO of Teofista Boxing Series is teaming up with Chad Sawyer of Champions Creed Martial Arts to bring an exciting new installment of amateur combat sports to the Deerfoot Inn & Casino – Calgary’s most exciting hotel, convention center, and entertainment complex. Dubbed “Dual Amateur Combat Series 1”, the June 3rd gala will combine both amateur boxing and Muay Thai Kickboxing in an evening jam-packed with excitement.
de Guzman’s popular Teofista Boxing Series is a mainstay at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino and routinely packs in capacity crowds for high-level pro and amateur boxing action.
Chad Sawyer is a world-renowned Kickboxing and Muay Thai coach with 25 years of experience in fighting and cornering multiple martial arts and combat sports. His wealth of knowledge and experience in these disciplines will add an exciting and dynamic element to the new series mixing action packed amateur Muay Thai with traditional amateur boxing.
Fighters slated to see action on the amateur boxing portion of the card include Darren Orubor , Danilo Miljevic and Aram Minasyan of Calgary Boxing Club in addition to Steven Meikle of Teofista Boxing. Opponents will be announced shortly.
The Muay Thai portion of the card is shaping up nicely with the following matches tentatively set:
- Nick Leblanc (Champions Creed) 3-0 MT, 1-1 MMA vs. Brandon Carrier (Arashi Do) 4-1 – 155 lbs
- Nelson Jurado (Champions Creed) 0-0 vs. Jesse Johnson (Arashi Do) 3-3 – 140 lbs
- Sean Holmes (Champions Creed) 1-0 MT vs. Trung Truong (Arashi Do) 1-0 – 145 lbs
- Ash Abdelrhafour (Champions Creed) 0-0 vs. Manuel Candaele (Kwest) 0-0 – 155 lbs
- Jenny Asselstine (Emergent) 0-0 MT vs. Cora Mceachern (Arashi Do) 0-3 – 112.5 lbs
- Devon Littleshields (Champions Creed) 0-0 vs. Dominic Remillard (Kwest) 0-0 – 180 lbs
- Chanelle Mcleod (Champions Creed) 0-1 MT vs. Setsu Wetteskind (Arashido ) 0-1 – 108 lbs
- Rachel Scharman (Shawn Locke) 0-0 vs. Emelia Fournier (Kwest) 0-1 – 135 lbs.
Buzz and interest in the event are already building and organizers are viewing this as a ‘Dual Combat Contender’ event to determine the ‘Best in the West’ (western Canada).
The action is slated to begin at 7:00 PM on Saturday, June 3rd with doors open to the public at 6:30 PM at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino – located at 1000, 11500-35 Street S.E. Calgary, Alberta. T2Z-3W4.
Tickets starting at $30 and ringside tables starting at $550 are available at Calgary Boxing Club, Champions Creed, Teofista Boxing and the Deerfoot Inn & Casino.
Tickets and additional information are also available online by visiting Teofista.com or by calling 403-681-0094.
The Deerfoot Inn & Casino offers the newest and finest Hotel, Convention Centre, Entertainment Complex, and Casino in the south east part of Calgary. With 188 luxuriously appointed guest rooms – including 28 spacious suites that offer breathtaking mountain and city views – the Deerfoot Inn & Casino is Calgary’s most exciting hotel, convention center, and entertainment complex.
Powered by Facebook Comments