Canadian Pinoy Bantam Prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan Moves to 4-0 (4 KOs) with TKO Victory in Montreal
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2013)
Marc Pagcaliwangan TKO 1 Jose Adan Fernandez
Photo Pierre Lavoie – Way ProductionsIt was a short but sweet night for Filipino-Canadian bantamweight prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan who moved his unbeaten record to 4-0 (4 KOs) as a professional Friday night in Montreal, Canada when his opponent Jose Adan Fernandez retired after three minutes with a broken hand. Pagcaliwangan started fast in the bout and used his jab to establish distance. Fernandez was game but the Canadian seemed to have a clear edge in both speed and power. Both men landed some good shots in the opening round but Fernandez seemed to injure his hand attacking Pagcaliwangan’s mid section. After the first round was over he was forced to retire with what was reported as a broken hand, giving Pagcaliwangan the TKO victory.
- Linear light heavyweight champ Adonis Stevenson blasts Sergey Kovalev: Your team dumped the purse bid to fight me… it would be my pleasure to knock you out!”
- Kovalev ‘krushes’ Mohammedi’s face to win in three, HBO again down-plays Adonis Stevenson in aftermath!
- Pascal soldiers on edging Gonzalez in a barn burner!
- Golovkin and Lemieux announce they are set to fight Oct.17!
- Boxer KO’s the Puncher: Tyson Cave victorious in frenzied Halifax homecoming; Brewer tops Rodriguez in co-feature!
- Pascal and Kovalev twin bill Saturday on HBO!
- Klitschko-Fury heats up at tension filled press conference!
- Shumenov vs. Flores Saturday PBC on NBCSN!