Canadian Pinoy Bantam Prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan Moves to 4-0 (4 KOs) with TKO Victory in Montreal
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2013)
Marc Pagcaliwangan TKO 1 Jose Adan Fernandez
Photo Pierre Lavoie – Way ProductionsIt was a short but sweet night for Filipino-Canadian bantamweight prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan who moved his unbeaten record to 4-0 (4 KOs) as a professional Friday night in Montreal, Canada when his opponent Jose Adan Fernandez retired after three minutes with a broken hand. Pagcaliwangan started fast in the bout and used his jab to establish distance. Fernandez was game but the Canadian seemed to have a clear edge in both speed and power. Both men landed some good shots in the opening round but Fernandez seemed to injure his hand attacking Pagcaliwangan’s mid section. After the first round was over he was forced to retire with what was reported as a broken hand, giving Pagcaliwangan the TKO victory.
- Bradley survives strange last minute scare to top Vargas!
- Weekend Scorecard: Quick results from around the world!
- Tim Bradley vs. Jessie Vargas tilt Saturday on HBO!
- Claggett-Sanchez OFF as Canadian denied entry to USA
- Canada’s Tony Luis back in action Friday on CBS!
- Ontario’s Brandon Cook ready for WBA Inter-Continental title fight Saturday in Ajax!
- Road Warrior: Canada’s Steve Claggett headlines Golden Boy Fox Sports card Friday vs. Alan Sanchez!
- Barthelemy beats DeMarco, Vasquez outworks Omotoso on Sunday’s’ edition of PBC on CBS