Canadian Pinoy Bantam Prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan Moves to 4-0 (4 KOs) with TKO Victory in Montreal
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2013)
Marc Pagcaliwangan TKO 1 Jose Adan FernandezIt was a short but sweet night for Filipino-Canadian bantamweight prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan who moved his unbeaten record to 4-0 (4 KOs) as a professional Friday night in Montreal, Canada when his opponent Jose Adan Fernandez retired after three minutes with a broken hand. Pagcaliwangan started fast in the bout and used his jab to establish distance. Fernandez was game but the Canadian seemed to have a clear edge in both speed and power. Both men landed some good shots in the opening round but Fernandez seemed to injure his hand attacking Pagcaliwangan’s mid section. After the first round was over he was forced to retire with what was reported as a broken hand, giving Pagcaliwangan the TKO victory.
- Klitschko-Fury heats up for Saturday in Germany!
- Bizier-Kell Brook targeted for 2016, Claggett-Harrison off, Eleider Alvarez on Showtime Saturday, Tyson Cave’s title shot, new EOTTM and KO Boxing cards!
- Lucian Bute to challenge James DeGale for his IBF 168-pound title Saturday as Showtime returns to Quebec!
- Canelo tops Cotto — PHOTOS from Las Vegas!
- A bigger and stronger Canelo Alvarez out-points Miguel Cotto in battle of Mexico vs. Puerto Rico!
- Ontario’s Brandon Cook stops Pintos in five rounds –
United Boxing Promotions results from Mississauga!
- Vargas stuns Miura in one of 2015’s best fights, Rigondeaux bores with brilliance, Abraham edges Murray in Germany!
- Cotto and Canelo on weight and ready for WAR!