Canadian Pinoy Bantam Prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan Moves to 4-0 (4 KOs) with TKO Victory in Montreal
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2013)
Marc Pagcaliwangan TKO 1 Jose Adan FernandezIt was a short but sweet night for Filipino-Canadian bantamweight prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan who moved his unbeaten record to 4-0 (4 KOs) as a professional Friday night in Montreal, Canada when his opponent Jose Adan Fernandez retired after three minutes with a broken hand. Pagcaliwangan started fast in the bout and used his jab to establish distance. Fernandez was game but the Canadian seemed to have a clear edge in both speed and power. Both men landed some good shots in the opening round but Fernandez seemed to injure his hand attacking Pagcaliwangan’s mid section. After the first round was over he was forced to retire with what was reported as a broken hand, giving Pagcaliwangan the TKO victory.
- Josesito Lopez-Aron Martinez: ESPN Thursday Night Fights!
- Keith Thurman and Lucas Matthysse co-headline SHOWTIME this Saturday in two separate explosive bouts!
- Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai Saturday in Germany
- Provodnikov-Algieri / Andrade-Rose World Title Fights at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on June 14!
- Jennings vs. Perez, Geale vs. Macklin, May 24 in Corpus Christi, Texas LIVE on HBO!
- Watch All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana – Episode 1!
- RIP Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter – 1937-2014
- School’s out for Summer: Professor Hopkins easily out-points another younger champ in Shumenov on Showtime!