Canadian Pinoy Bantam Prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan Moves to 4-0 (4 KOs) with TKO Victory in Montreal
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2013)
Marc Pagcaliwangan TKO 1 Jose Adan Fernandez
Photo Pierre Lavoie – Way ProductionsIt was a short but sweet night for Filipino-Canadian bantamweight prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan who moved his unbeaten record to 4-0 (4 KOs) as a professional Friday night in Montreal, Canada when his opponent Jose Adan Fernandez retired after three minutes with a broken hand. Pagcaliwangan started fast in the bout and used his jab to establish distance. Fernandez was game but the Canadian seemed to have a clear edge in both speed and power. Both men landed some good shots in the opening round but Fernandez seemed to injure his hand attacking Pagcaliwangan’s mid section. After the first round was over he was forced to retire with what was reported as a broken hand, giving Pagcaliwangan the TKO victory.
- Premier Boxing Champions: Dirrell vs. Rubio and McDonnell vs. Kameda II Sunday, September 6!
- Diego De La Hoya vs. Jesus Ruiz tops LA Fight Club!
- Quick Jabs: Braehmer-Konrad, Silva-Moreno, Bizzarro Promotions, More!
- “Training Camp Went Extremely Well”: Antonio Nieves Ready for Jung; Wants Rematch with Stephon Young!
- Dawejko Dominates Visinia to Get Back in in the Heavyweight Mix
- Canada’s Janks Trotter added to Mayweather-Berto card!
- WATCH Rob Nichols vs. David Whittom Canadian “Fight of the Year” candidate and tell us who you think won
- Highlights: Santa Cruz tops Mares in a barn burner!