Canadian Pinoy Bantam Prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan Moves to 4-0 (4 KOs) with TKO Victory in Montreal
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2013)
Marc Pagcaliwangan TKO 1 Jose Adan FernandezIt was a short but sweet night for Filipino-Canadian bantamweight prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan who moved his unbeaten record to 4-0 (4 KOs) as a professional Friday night in Montreal, Canada when his opponent Jose Adan Fernandez retired after three minutes with a broken hand. Pagcaliwangan started fast in the bout and used his jab to establish distance. Fernandez was game but the Canadian seemed to have a clear edge in both speed and power. Both men landed some good shots in the opening round but Fernandez seemed to injure his hand attacking Pagcaliwangan’s mid section. After the first round was over he was forced to retire with what was reported as a broken hand, giving Pagcaliwangan the TKO victory.
- Broner and Maidana speak: Words before War!
- Charity events highlight DANGER ZONE fight week festivities!
- Josesito Lopez headlines Golden Boy Live Friday!
- Broner vs. Maidana media workouts open to the public!
- Danger Zone: Broner and Maidana clash Saturday!
- Rigondeaux pitches a brilliant shutout vs. Agbeko!
- Malignaggi defeats Judah in battle of Brooklyn!
- Shawn Porter lifts world title from Alexander, Sturm blitzes Barker, Kirkland TKOs Tapia and more Saturday action!