Canadian Pinoy Bantam Prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan Moves to 4-0 (4 KOs) with TKO Victory in Montreal
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2013)
Marc Pagcaliwangan TKO 1 Jose Adan FernandezIt was a short but sweet night for Filipino-Canadian bantamweight prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan who moved his unbeaten record to 4-0 (4 KOs) as a professional Friday night in Montreal, Canada when his opponent Jose Adan Fernandez retired after three minutes with a broken hand. Pagcaliwangan started fast in the bout and used his jab to establish distance. Fernandez was game but the Canadian seemed to have a clear edge in both speed and power. Both men landed some good shots in the opening round but Fernandez seemed to injure his hand attacking Pagcaliwangan’s mid section. After the first round was over he was forced to retire with what was reported as a broken hand, giving Pagcaliwangan the TKO victory.
- B. WARE: History in the Making – Bermane Stiverne focused on capturing heavyweight crown in rematch with Arreola!
- Jean Pascal inks a two fight deal with GYM and InterBox!
- Hopkins looking to unify world titles this Saturday at 49!
- Exclusive Photo Gallery: Promoter Cohen Congratulates Usmanee for Gutty Performance Against Beltran!
- FightFan.com visits Bermane Stiverne in camp for Arreola!
- Saul Alvarez to face Erislandy Lara July 12 on PPV!
- Lemieux-Guerrero lands on Stevenson card, McGuinness headlines Golden Boy Card June 5th, Stiverne on ESPN!
- Manny Pacquiao speaks: “This win over Bradley was important… I proved my boxing journey will continue!”