Canadian Pinoy Bantam Prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan Moves to 4-0 (4 KOs) with TKO Victory in Montreal
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2013)
Marc Pagcaliwangan TKO 1 Jose Adan Fernandez
Photo Pierre Lavoie – Way ProductionsIt was a short but sweet night for Filipino-Canadian bantamweight prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan who moved his unbeaten record to 4-0 (4 KOs) as a professional Friday night in Montreal, Canada when his opponent Jose Adan Fernandez retired after three minutes with a broken hand. Pagcaliwangan started fast in the bout and used his jab to establish distance. Fernandez was game but the Canadian seemed to have a clear edge in both speed and power. Both men landed some good shots in the opening round but Fernandez seemed to injure his hand attacking Pagcaliwangan’s mid section. After the first round was over he was forced to retire with what was reported as a broken hand, giving Pagcaliwangan the TKO victory.
- PBC on Spike TV: Khan-Algieri clash Saturday!
- The Next Generation: The Teofista Boxing Series Returns on May 29 to Showcase Top Prospects
- Canada’s Steve ‘The Dragon’ Claggett to headline Golden Boy Fox Sports card June 26 vs. Alan Sanchez!
- Watch: DeGale drops Dirrell on route to historic win!
- Brandon Brewer and Tyson Cave pick up impressive stoppage wins on hard hitting Moncton card!
- PBC: DeGale out-points Dirrell in a great fight on NBC!
- Weekend Scorecard: Logan McGuinness wins in Boston, Fedosov and Thompson win ESPN Boxcino Tournament!
- Watch: Ulysse Jr. batters Rincon in Round 5 in Quebec!