Canadian Pinoy Bantam Prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan Moves to 4-0 (4 KOs) with TKO Victory in Montreal
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2013)
Marc Pagcaliwangan TKO 1 Jose Adan Fernandez
Photo Pierre Lavoie – Way ProductionsIt was a short but sweet night for Filipino-Canadian bantamweight prospect Marc Pagcaliwangan who moved his unbeaten record to 4-0 (4 KOs) as a professional Friday night in Montreal, Canada when his opponent Jose Adan Fernandez retired after three minutes with a broken hand. Pagcaliwangan started fast in the bout and used his jab to establish distance. Fernandez was game but the Canadian seemed to have a clear edge in both speed and power. Both men landed some good shots in the opening round but Fernandez seemed to injure his hand attacking Pagcaliwangan’s mid section. After the first round was over he was forced to retire with what was reported as a broken hand, giving Pagcaliwangan the TKO victory.
- SHOWTIME Sports Announces INSIDE MAYWEATHER vs. PACQUIAO Four-Part Series!
- Showtime Saturday: Kell Brook vs. Jo Jo Dan in the afternoon, Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Gary Russell at night!
- Logan McGuinness, Steve Franjic and Razor Ruddock all return to the ring Saturday in Ontario!
- Tyson Cave speaks to GM Ross about ring return, Dierry Jean sparring Pacquiao, Ryan Young back Saturday!
- Jelena Mrdjenovich to defend crown Friday in Panama!
- Jo Jo Dan confident for Saturday world title bid: “Kell Brook hasn’t faced anyone like me!”
- Juergen Braehmer, Robert Helenius and Alfonso Gomez all victorious in weekend action!
- Ryan Wagner edges Stuart McLellan in Edmonton!
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.