Banks Destroys the Mitchell Heavyweight Hype on HBO!
By Ace Freeman (17-Nov-2012)
Johnathan Banks TKO 2 Seth Mitchell
Unheralded heavyweight Johnathan Banks pulled off a stunning upset in Atlantic City where he stopped heavily favored Seth Mitchell in a two round heavyweight war as seen on HBO. Mitchell looked in charge early landing some big shots on Banks but the veteran hung in there and weathered the early storm. In Round 2 a big punch caught Mitchell off guard when he was hurt and sent down for the first time in his young career. He got up on unsteady legs and was dropped again in the followup. Showing heart he rose again but Banks was relentless and decked Mitchell for a third and final time late in the second. The bout was stopped at the 2:37 mark to give Banks the big win which he dedicated to his late trainer Emanuel Steward. Banks improves to 29-1 (19 KOs) with the win while Mitchell slides to 25-1-1 (19 KOs).
- Pacquiao calls out Mayweather: “It’s time to say something… The fans deserve this fight and it’s time to make it happen!”
- Pacquiao dominates a retreating Algieri, scoring six knockdowns on route to a shutout victory!
- Saturday results: Vargas, Bellew, Groves, DeGale, Shiming and Lomachenko all victorious in weekend action!
- Steve Claggett’s patented body work breaks Castaneda!
- Early quick results from Teofista Series 14 in Calgary!
- David Theroux, Michael Gadbois, Ayaz Hussain and Steven Butler score impressive wins in Sorel-Tracy, Quebec!
- Pacquiao on weight, Algieri slightly over in Macau, China!
- Watch Pacquiao and Algieri weigh in ahead of Saturday night’s big PPV event, live on HBO from Macau, China!
2 Responses to “Banks Destroys the Mitchell Heavyweight Hype on HBO!”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.