Troy Ross Fired Up and Ready For Yoan Pablo Hernandez!
By Ivan 'LatinoPorVida' Montiel (01-Sep-2012)
Canada’s Troy ‘The Boss’ Ross (25-2, 16 KOs) will fight for the world WBA cruiserweight title when he takes on top rated Yoan Pablo Hernandez (26-1, 13 KOs) on September 15 at the Stechert Arena in Bamberg, Germany. An all action fighter in the ring and a gentleman out of it, see what Ross had to say when he caught up with Ivan Montiel during his the stretch drive of his training camp!
Troy Ross Interview:
Video by Ivan Montiel
Troy Ross Workout Gallery
Canada’s Troy ‘The Boss’ Ross (25-2, 16 KOs) will fight for the world WBA cruiserweight title when he takes on top rated Yoan Pablo Hernandez (26-1, 13 KOs) on September 15 at the Stechert Arena in Bamberg, Germany.
Hernandez won the interim WBA title back in February of last year in Muelheim (Ruhr) against Steve Herelius from France. He really shot to fame on October 1, 2011. In Neubrandenburg he dethroned the then IBF World Champion Steve Cunningham by a technical decision. The rematch against the American took place in Frankfurt (Main) in February. Hernandez sent Cunningham crashing to the floor twice during round four. But the former champion refused to give up and fought his way back into the fight. After twelve rounds the judges saw Hernandez in front of Cunningham and scored the bout with 116:110, 116:110 and 115:111 in favour of the Cuban.
As a reward he did not only regain the IBF-Belt but was also awarded the belt of “The Ring” magazine.
“This was one of the best Championship fights I have ever seen,” said Coach Ulli Wegner afterwards. “Yoan Pablo once again proved his class and won against a very strong and competitive Steve Cunningham.” Now the trainer and his prodigy will be travelling to Bamberg.
In Troy Ross, currently number three in the IBF rankings, Hernandez faces a tricky opponent. “He is very quick, agile and throws hard punches. I saw his title bout against Steve Cunningham back in June 2010. He was really strong but had to stop the fight due to a heavy cut. He was really unfortunate and will try everything to beat me and become the new world champion.”
Tickets for the big fight night at the Stechert Arena will be available at the end of the week. They can be purchased online on www.eventim.de and www.boxing-online.com
- A bigger and stronger Canelo Alvarez out-points Miguel Cotto in battle of Mexico vs. Puerto Rico!
- Ontario’s Brandon Cook stops Pintos in five rounds –
United Boxing Promotions results from Mississauga!
- Vargas stuns Miura in one of 2015’s best fights, Rigondeaux bores with brilliance, Abraham edges Murray in Germany!
- Cotto and Canelo on weight and ready for WAR!
- Return of the Jackal: Guillermo Rigondeaux co-headlines Cotto-Canelo PPV vs. Drian Francisco Saturday!
- Steve ‘The Dragon’ Claggett returns on Sat Dec.5, Fight to be televised LIVE on HBO Latino!
- Brandon Cook to defend against Uruguay’s Pintos Saturday on United Boxing Promotions card in Mississauga!
- Jean Pascal announces Freddie Roach as new trainer!