Troy Ross Fired Up and Ready For Yoan Pablo Hernandez!
By Ivan 'LatinoPorVida' Montiel (01-Sep-2012)
Canada’s Troy ‘The Boss’ Ross (25-2, 16 KOs) will fight for the world WBA cruiserweight title when he takes on top rated Yoan Pablo Hernandez (26-1, 13 KOs) on September 15 at the Stechert Arena in Bamberg, Germany. An all action fighter in the ring and a gentleman out of it, see what Ross had to say when he caught up with Ivan Montiel during his the stretch drive of his training camp!
Troy Ross Interview:
Video by Ivan Montiel
Troy Ross Workout Gallery
Canada’s Troy ‘The Boss’ Ross (25-2, 16 KOs) will fight for the world WBA cruiserweight title when he takes on top rated Yoan Pablo Hernandez (26-1, 13 KOs) on September 15 at the Stechert Arena in Bamberg, Germany.
Hernandez won the interim WBA title back in February of last year in Muelheim (Ruhr) against Steve Herelius from France. He really shot to fame on October 1, 2011. In Neubrandenburg he dethroned the then IBF World Champion Steve Cunningham by a technical decision. The rematch against the American took place in Frankfurt (Main) in February. Hernandez sent Cunningham crashing to the floor twice during round four. But the former champion refused to give up and fought his way back into the fight. After twelve rounds the judges saw Hernandez in front of Cunningham and scored the bout with 116:110, 116:110 and 115:111 in favour of the Cuban.
As a reward he did not only regain the IBF-Belt but was also awarded the belt of “The Ring” magazine.
“This was one of the best Championship fights I have ever seen,” said Coach Ulli Wegner afterwards. “Yoan Pablo once again proved his class and won against a very strong and competitive Steve Cunningham.” Now the trainer and his prodigy will be travelling to Bamberg.
In Troy Ross, currently number three in the IBF rankings, Hernandez faces a tricky opponent. “He is very quick, agile and throws hard punches. I saw his title bout against Steve Cunningham back in June 2010. He was really strong but had to stop the fight due to a heavy cut. He was really unfortunate and will try everything to beat me and become the new world champion.”
Tickets for the big fight night at the Stechert Arena will be available at the end of the week. They can be purchased online on www.eventim.de and www.boxing-online.com
- Miguel Cotto inks alliance with Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports and eyes return to the ring June 6 in New York!
- Video: Pacquiao looks mean and fierce in day three of training despite saying he feels “slow” early in camp!
- Boxing returns to network TV Saturday as Premier Boxing Champions presents Thurman-Guerrero and Broner-Molina!
- McGuinness, Franjic and Ruddock return to action as United Boxing Promotions Ushers in 2015 Season with Huge Card in Mississauga!
- Zou Shiming back in Macau, China Saturday on HBO!
- Steve ‘The Dragon’ Claggett Defends Canadian Title Against ‘The Mighty’ Tebor Brosch on April 3 in Calgary, Alberta
- Thurman vs. Guerrero and Broner vs. Molina hit prime time on NBC this Saturday March 7th!
- FULL VIDEO: Road to Kovalev-Pascal (HBO Boxing)
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.