Troy Ross Fired Up and Ready For Yoan Pablo Hernandez!
By Ivan 'LatinoPorVida' Montiel (01-Sep-2012)
Canada’s Troy ‘The Boss’ Ross (25-2, 16 KOs) will fight for the world WBA cruiserweight title when he takes on top rated Yoan Pablo Hernandez (26-1, 13 KOs) on September 15 at the Stechert Arena in Bamberg, Germany. An all action fighter in the ring and a gentleman out of it, see what Ross had to say when he caught up with Ivan Montiel during his the stretch drive of his training camp!
Troy Ross Interview:
Video by Ivan Montiel
Troy Ross Workout Gallery
Canada’s Troy ‘The Boss’ Ross (25-2, 16 KOs) will fight for the world WBA cruiserweight title when he takes on top rated Yoan Pablo Hernandez (26-1, 13 KOs) on September 15 at the Stechert Arena in Bamberg, Germany.
Hernandez won the interim WBA title back in February of last year in Muelheim (Ruhr) against Steve Herelius from France. He really shot to fame on October 1, 2011. In Neubrandenburg he dethroned the then IBF World Champion Steve Cunningham by a technical decision. The rematch against the American took place in Frankfurt (Main) in February. Hernandez sent Cunningham crashing to the floor twice during round four. But the former champion refused to give up and fought his way back into the fight. After twelve rounds the judges saw Hernandez in front of Cunningham and scored the bout with 116:110, 116:110 and 115:111 in favour of the Cuban.
As a reward he did not only regain the IBF-Belt but was also awarded the belt of “The Ring” magazine.
“This was one of the best Championship fights I have ever seen,” said Coach Ulli Wegner afterwards. “Yoan Pablo once again proved his class and won against a very strong and competitive Steve Cunningham.” Now the trainer and his prodigy will be travelling to Bamberg.
In Troy Ross, currently number three in the IBF rankings, Hernandez faces a tricky opponent. “He is very quick, agile and throws hard punches. I saw his title bout against Steve Cunningham back in June 2010. He was really strong but had to stop the fight due to a heavy cut. He was really unfortunate and will try everything to beat me and become the new world champion.”
Tickets for the big fight night at the Stechert Arena will be available at the end of the week. They can be purchased online on www.eventim.de and www.boxing-online.com
- Canada’s uncrowned world champion Tyson Cave keeps busy with another win in Montreal Friday!
- Canada’s Jelena Mrdjenovich defends title on the road in Panama with ninth round TKO vs. Francia Elena Bravo!
- SHOWTIME Sports Announces INSIDE MAYWEATHER vs. PACQUIAO Four-Part Series!
- Showtime Saturday: Kell Brook vs. Jo Jo Dan in the afternoon, Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Gary Russell at night!
- Logan McGuinness, Steve Franjic and Razor Ruddock all return to the ring Saturday in Ontario!
- Tyson Cave speaks to GM Ross about ring return, Dierry Jean sparring Pacquiao, Ryan Young back Saturday!
- Jelena Mrdjenovich to defend crown Friday in Panama!
- Jo Jo Dan confident for Saturday world title bid: “Kell Brook hasn’t faced anyone like me!”
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.