Mayol vs. Marquez Latest Chapter of Philippines vs. Mexico!
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2012)
UPDATE: The last we heard, Rodel Mayol has refused to fight after what his team says was a suspicious weigh-in where they felt Marquez looked two pounds heavy on the scale. Team Mayol claims this was covered up and they have refused to fight as a result.All-action Mexican warrior Hernan ‘Tyson’ Marquez will defend his WBA flyweight title against Filipino banger Rodel Mayol this Saturday, March 24 in Ciudad Obregon, Mexico. Mayol, who has fought in Mexico five times, spent several months training for the bout in Cebu, Philippines before moving camp to Los Angeles. Marquez was recently named “Fighter of the Year” for 2011 by the WBA and while Mayol will have a tough task ahead of him he hopes to follow in the footsteps of his countrymen Richie Mepranum and Nonito Donaire… two Pinoy fighters who defeated Marquez in recent years.
- Pascal vs. George official for Dec.6, Pascal signs multi-fight deal with Interbox
- “24/7 Hopkins/Kovalev” — watch Episode 1 in full!
- Quick Jabs: David Lemieux vs. Gabe Rosado Dec. 6, Khan-Alexander and Bradley-Chaves on duelling cards Dec. 13!
- MEGA GALLERY from StubHub Center — “Mexican Style” undercard action and more from Carson, CA!
- Golovkin KO 2 Rubio, Walters TKO 6 Donaire Highlights!
- Golovkin makes easy work of Rubio, stops him in two!
- Nicholas Walters becomes first man to stop Nonito Donaire!
- ‘USS’ Cunningham defeats much bigger Visinia by TKO!
One Response to “Mayol vs. Marquez Latest Chapter of Philippines vs. Mexico!”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.