Mayol vs. Marquez Latest Chapter of Philippines vs. Mexico!
By Ace Freeman (22-Mar-2012)
UPDATE: The last we heard, Rodel Mayol has refused to fight after what his team says was a suspicious weigh-in where they felt Marquez looked two pounds heavy on the scale. Team Mayol claims this was covered up and they have refused to fight as a result.All-action Mexican warrior Hernan ‘Tyson’ Marquez will defend his WBA flyweight title against Filipino banger Rodel Mayol this Saturday, March 24 in Ciudad Obregon, Mexico. Mayol, who has fought in Mexico five times, spent several months training for the bout in Cebu, Philippines before moving camp to Los Angeles. Marquez was recently named “Fighter of the Year” for 2011 by the WBA and while Mayol will have a tough task ahead of him he hopes to follow in the footsteps of his countrymen Richie Mepranum and Nonito Donaire… two Pinoy fighters who defeated Marquez in recent years.
- Adonis Stevenson: “I am focused on Friday and will win by KO… and then my plan is to face Kovalev in 2015!”
- Pacquiao keeps the pressure on Floyd with Tuesday Tweet: “Don’t be a humbug, lets give the fans the fight they want!”
- Adonis Stevenson looks to close 2014 with a BANG Friday on Showtime! Beterbiev, Bizier-Dan, Dirrell in action too!
- Irish Eyes are Smiling: Andy Lee’s improbable world title victory has him a “Fighter of the Year” candidate!
- WBC Champ Bermane Stiverne Defends Against KO Artist Deontay Wilder Jan. 17 On Showtime At MGM in Las Vegas!
- Pacquiao fires back: “Mayweather can get the (money) amount he wants… he has nowhere to run but fight me now!”
- Cotroni, Vargas and Wilcox shine in Montreal “Tapis Rouge”!
- Tim Bradley and Diego Chaves fight to a rugged draw
One Response to “Mayol vs. Marquez Latest Chapter of Philippines vs. Mexico!”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.