Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- David Lemieux and the punch that could change everything!
- ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez vs. Brian Viloria Saturday on HBO!
- Golovkin vs. Lemieux: Words before War!
- Fight week fever in Calgary as Dekada’s “Premier Fight Night” card set for Oct. 16 featuring Wierzbicki, O’Connell, Ford, Nichols, Samuel, Enns and more!
- US Invasion: ALA Fighters Nietes, Magsayo and Pagara Bros take centre stage on Oct. 17 “Philippines vs the World” card!
- Watch: Bracero ices O’Connor in KO of the Year candidate!
- Flanagan and Smith win world titles on a violent edition of BoxNation, Linares and Alvarez win, Cruz out-points Gabino!
- Weekend Boxing TV Schedule for Oct. 9/10: Jorge Linares, Orlando Cruz, Flanagan-Magdaleno II, O’Connor-Bracero, Tackie-Alvarez, more!