Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- Quick Jabs: Chisora pulls out of Fury rematch, Martinez vows to return, more results from Macau!
- Rigondeaux stops Kokietgym in ONE to become free agent!
- Emanuel Taylor vs. Karim Mayfield TONIGHT on ESPN!
- Mayhem: Mayweather-Maidana 2 Press Tour Rolling!
- Pacquiao opts for stay-busy fight with Algieri Nov. 22 in China
- Zou Shiming and Rigondeaux return Saturday in China!
- Bermane Stiverne: “Wilder’s not a threat but I’m taking him serious…I’m going to teach that little kid a lesson!”
- Arash Usmanee: “Time for Barthelemy to Do the Right Thing and Face Me Again!”