Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- B. WARE: History in the Making – Bermane Stiverne focused on capturing heavyweight crown in rematch with Arreola!
- Jean Pascal inks a two fight deal with GYM and InterBox!
- Hopkins looking to unify world titles this Saturday at 49!
- Exclusive Photo Gallery: Promoter Cohen Congratulates Usmanee for Gutty Performance Against Beltran!
- FightFan.com visits Bermane Stiverne in camp for Arreola!
- Saul Alvarez to face Erislandy Lara July 12 on PPV!
- Lemieux-Guerrero lands on Stevenson card, McGuinness headlines Golden Boy Card June 5th, Stiverne on ESPN!
- Manny Pacquiao speaks: “This win over Bradley was important… I proved my boxing journey will continue!”