Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- Steve Claggett and Stuart McLellan officially announce their Sept. 18 Canadian title fight at Grand Opening of Red Deer and District Boxing Club in Alberta!
- Santa Cruz wins battle of Los Angeles, Mosley stops Mayorga with a liver shot!
- Mares and Santa Cruz collide on ESPN Saturday!
- Mayweather spars for media to promote Berto fight: “I expect a hell of a fight from Andre Berto!”
- Teofista Boxing Series 17: Claggett-McLellan Canadian title clash headlines another great night of action in Calgary, AB!
- Canada’s Denton Daley returns Saturday vs. Giulian Ilie, Wilcox, Higson, Cotroni, Young, Cronin and more round out exciting United Promotions card in Mississauga!
- Mosley-Maorga II to go through this Saturday, fighters brawl Tuesday as Mayorga slaps Mosley’s girlfriends’ behind!
- Dawejko-Visinia Set for Heavyweight Tilt on Shobox