Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- Devin Reti and Antonio Dos Santos ripped and ready to headline Teofista Boxing Series 16 in Calgary Friday night!
- Renan St-Juste’s Boxe Mania Promotions returns Saturday in Repentigny, Quebec with “Gala de Boxe Pro-Am”!
- Hard-Hitting Homecoming: Brandon Cook to fight for WBA Inter-Continental Title
- PBC on Spike TV: Khan-Algieri clash Saturday!
- The Next Generation: The Teofista Boxing Series Returns on May 29 to Showcase Top Prospects
- Canada’s Steve ‘The Dragon’ Claggett to headline Golden Boy Fox Sports card June 26 vs. Alan Sanchez!
- Watch: DeGale drops Dirrell on route to historic win!
- Brandon Brewer and Tyson Cave pick up impressive stoppage wins on hard hitting Moncton card!