Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- Andy Ruiz wins ten round decision over Sergei Liakhovich
- ‘Little Creek Brawl’ Showtime Quadruple-Header results: Jesus Cuellar and Gary Russell Jr. win big!
- Superman Reigns Supreme: Adonis Stevenson KO’s Dmitry Sukhotskiy in five to retain linear light heavyweight crown!
- Renan St-Juste kicks off his promotional career picking up a TKO win in ‘Boxe Mania Promotions’ debut gala!
- JoJo Dan edges Kevin Bizier again via split decision!
- Andre Dirrell and Custio Clayton win in early Quebec action!
- Beterbiev gets off the canvass to TKO Page in two!
- Adonis Stevenson and Dmitry Sukhotskiy ready for war!
24 Responses to “Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.