Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- Garcia retires Malignaggi, Campbell, Rose and Jacobs win!
- Matthysse runs and roughhouses her way to decision victory over Mrdjenovic in Buenos Aires
- Danny Garcia and Paulie Malignaggi set to battle for Brooklyn Saturday night as PBC is back on ESPN!
- Road Warrior: Canada’s Jelena Mrdjenovic faces Edith Matthysse Saturday in Buenos Aires as No. 1 and 2 ranked featherweights collide in WBC /WBA unification bout!
- Cotto vs. Canelo super-fight likely for Nov. 21 in Las Vegas!
- Adonis Stevenson to defend his titles Sept. 11 in Toronto live on PBC on Spike TV!
- K.O. Boxing inks 6’4 Filipino Heavyweight Stan Surmacz Ahumada who will turn pro Sept. 11 in Edmonton, Canada!
- Linear light heavyweight champ Adonis Stevenson blasts Sergey Kovalev: Your team dumped the purse bid to fight me… it would be my pleasure to knock you out!”