Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- Gary Russell Jr. wins WBC featherweight world title with impressive blow-out of Jhonny Gonzalez on Showtime!
- Logan McGuinness and Razor Ruddock both returned to action with victories Saturday in Mississauga!
- Kell Brook runs over Jo Jo Dan in four rounds!
- Fan Cam: Nonito Donaire returns to 122 lbs to stop Prado!
- Canada’s uncrowned world champion Tyson Cave keeps busy with another win in Montreal Friday!
- Canada’s Jelena Mrdjenovich defends title on the road in Panama with ninth round TKO vs. Francia Elena Bravo!
- SHOWTIME Sports Announces INSIDE MAYWEATHER vs. PACQUIAO Four-Part Series!
- Showtime Saturday: Kell Brook vs. Jo Jo Dan in the afternoon, Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Gary Russell at night!
24 Responses to “Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.