Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- Broner and Maidana speak: Words before War!
- Charity events highlight DANGER ZONE fight week festivities!
- Josesito Lopez headlines Golden Boy Live Friday!
- Broner vs. Maidana media workouts open to the public!
- Danger Zone: Broner and Maidana clash Saturday!
- Rigondeaux pitches a brilliant shutout vs. Agbeko!
- Malignaggi defeats Judah in battle of Brooklyn!
- Shawn Porter lifts world title from Alexander, Sturm blitzes Barker, Kirkland TKOs Tapia and more Saturday action!