Mosley and Mayweather agree to terms for May 1 clash!
By FightFan News Wire (31-Jan-2010)
According to ESPN.com and several other sources, both Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley have agreed to terms to clash May 1 in Las Vegas. A formal announcement is expected early this week.
Shane Mosley has agreed to terms to face Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a super fight this May and according to ESPN.com he signed off on the contract on Friday. Leonard Ellerbe, representative for Mayweather, also confirmed Floyd has agreed to terms and is in the process of signing the official contract.
“All of the deal points have been agreed to,” Ellerbe told ESPN.com. “We still have to put pen to paper, but everything is agreed to. It’s with the lawyers. Shane is a great fighter, one of the best of his era, and so is Floyd. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s a fight fans have wanted to see for a long time.” It is expected the deal will be made official early this week with a full press tour to ensue.
- Josesito Lopez-Aron Martinez: ESPN Thursday Night Fights!
- Keith Thurman and Lucas Matthysse co-headline SHOWTIME this Saturday in two separate explosive bouts!
- Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai Saturday in Germany
- Provodnikov-Algieri / Andrade-Rose World Title Fights at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on June 14!
- Jennings vs. Perez, Geale vs. Macklin, May 24 in Corpus Christi, Texas LIVE on HBO!
- Watch All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana – Episode 1!
- RIP Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter – 1937-2014
- School’s out for Summer: Professor Hopkins easily out-points another younger champ in Shumenov on Showtime!