Paul Malignaggi vs. Juan Diaz set for Aug. 22 in Houston!
By FightFan News Wire (10-Jun-2009)
DiBella Entertainment and Golden Boy wrapped up negotiations today and tied up all loose ends clearing the way for Paulie ‘The Magic Man’ Malignaggi to face ‘The Baby Bull’ Juan Diaz at an agreed upon catch-weight of 138.5 lbs.
“I told Paulie to lay off his Grandma’s pasta and eat one less cannoli,” said Lou DiBella about Malignaggi dropping an extra pound or two. “Paulie is confident of his speed and boxing ability and is prepared to win in the lion’s den of Houston.”
“This is a fight between two guys looking to prove something. We are both coming of losses in big fights and we are both coming in hungry. Expect fireworks,” said Malignaggi.
- Superman Reigns Supreme: Adonis Stevenson KO’s Dmitry Sukhotskiy in five to retain linear light heavyweight crown!
- Renan St-Juste kicks off his promotional career picking up a TKO win in ‘Boxe Mania Promotions’ debut gala!
- JoJo Dan edges Kevin Bizier again via split decision!
- Andre Dirrell and Custio Clayton win in early Quebec action!
- Beterbiev gets off the canvass to TKO Page in two!
- Adonis Stevenson and Dmitry Sukhotskiy ready for war!
- Renan St Juste and Roody Pierre-Paul return to action tonight in Boxe Mania Promotions’ debut gala in Quebec!
- Words before War: Jo Jo Dan and Kevin Bizier ready to throw down one more time this Friday on Showtime!
13 Responses to “Paul Malignaggi vs. Juan Diaz set for Aug. 22 in Houston!”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.