Paul Malignaggi vs. Juan Diaz set for Aug. 22 in Houston!
By FightFan News Wire (10-Jun-2009)
DiBella Entertainment and Golden Boy wrapped up negotiations today and tied up all loose ends clearing the way for Paulie ‘The Magic Man’ Malignaggi to face ‘The Baby Bull’ Juan Diaz at an agreed upon catch-weight of 138.5 lbs.
“I told Paulie to lay off his Grandma’s pasta and eat one less cannoli,” said Lou DiBella about Malignaggi dropping an extra pound or two. “Paulie is confident of his speed and boxing ability and is prepared to win in the lion’s den of Houston.”
“This is a fight between two guys looking to prove something. We are both coming of losses in big fights and we are both coming in hungry. Expect fireworks,” said Malignaggi.
- Potential “Fight of the Year” alert! Orlando Salido KO’s Terdsak Kokietgym in 11 after a knockdown filled war!
- de Mori furstates Goles to earn 3rd round DQ win!
- Final Results from Foxwoods: Dargan and Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles!
- Saturday Scorecard: Groves defeats Rebrasse, Dawejko destroys Banks, Dargan beats Perez in a thriller!
- Mchunu vs.Wilson: Saturday afternoon boxing on NBC!
- ‘Siri’ Salido faces Kokietgym for interim WBO title Saturday!
- Big Ben’s Boxing Beat: Wilson in Critical Condition; Quigg Retains WBA Title; Skoglund Still Perfect, More!
- ‘Saint’ George Groves returns Saturday in Wembley!
13 Responses to “Paul Malignaggi vs. Juan Diaz set for Aug. 22 in Houston!”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.