Paul Malignaggi vs. Juan Diaz set for Aug. 22 in Houston!
By FightFan News Wire (10-Jun-2009)
DiBella Entertainment and Golden Boy wrapped up negotiations today and tied up all loose ends clearing the way for Paulie ‘The Magic Man’ Malignaggi to face ‘The Baby Bull’ Juan Diaz at an agreed upon catch-weight of 138.5 lbs.
“I told Paulie to lay off his Grandma’s pasta and eat one less cannoli,” said Lou DiBella about Malignaggi dropping an extra pound or two. “Paulie is confident of his speed and boxing ability and is prepared to win in the lion’s den of Houston.”
“This is a fight between two guys looking to prove something. We are both coming of losses in big fights and we are both coming in hungry. Expect fireworks,” said Malignaggi.
- Stone Cold: Donaire and Walters face off at weigh-in!
- All-action Steve Cunningham faces another unbeaten heavyweight in Natu Visinia Saturday in Philadelphia!
- Nonito Donaire slight underdog in title fight vs. Nicholas Walters this weekend in California!
- “Time to Shine”: Canuck Champ Steve ‘The Dragon’ Claggett Faces Felipe De la Paz on November 21 in Calgary
- Canadian Quick Jabs: Cotroni Stops Reittie; Villeneuve and Butler Earn Wins; Smichet Replaces Rolls Against Trotter
- An inside look at Gennady Golovkin’s training camp!
- Canadian Quick Jabs: Pascal, Stevenson and Beterbiev to return in December?
- Golovkin vs. Rubio headlines highly anticipated HBO doubleheader this Saturday!
13 Responses to “Paul Malignaggi vs. Juan Diaz set for Aug. 22 in Houston!”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.