Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair
By FightFan.com Staff (11-Oct-2008)
Vitali Klitschko TKO 9 Samuel Peter
Vitali Klitschko managed to put the injury bug behind him and looked sensational beating Sam Peter to the punch winning every round of their WBC heavyweight title fight earlier today at the O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. Vitali was simply more active with his punches and Peter, looking exremely sluggish, had nothing more than an occasional power-jab to offer in return. As each round went by Klitschko continued to bust up Peter’s face. While Peter took the shots well, he’d had enough after eight rounds and quit on his stool much the same way Vitali was critisized for doing years back when he lost his first title to Chris Byrd (retiring while ahead due to a shoulder injury). In this case Peter simply didn’t want any more and shook his head “no.” The bout was stopped by the referee before the ninth round started, giving Klitschko an eighth round TKO victory. With the win he recaptured the WBC title.
- Ain’t that a Thrill: Gavril batters Falowo on ShoBox!
- See Mayweather’s “Money Team” Saturday on Showtime!
- Eye of the Tiger Management teams with with GYM and InterBox for “Aube Rouge” gala on September 27th!
- Golovkin announces Oct.18 HBO return against Rubio — PHOTOS from Los Angeles!
- Klitschko injury pushes Pulev defense to Nov. 15 in Germany
- Mayweather-Maidana 2 heats up ahead of Sept. 13 rematch!
- Can Algieri stand up to Pacman? Pacquiao-Algieri made official at Macau press-tour kick-off conference!
- Trout climbs off canvas to rally back and defeat Dawson