Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair
By FightFan.com Staff (11-Oct-2008)
Vitali Klitschko TKO 9 Samuel Peter
Vitali Klitschko managed to put the injury bug behind him and looked sensational beating Sam Peter to the punch winning every round of their WBC heavyweight title fight earlier today at the O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. Vitali was simply more active with his punches and Peter, looking exremely sluggish, had nothing more than an occasional power-jab to offer in return. As each round went by Klitschko continued to bust up Peter’s face. While Peter took the shots well, he’d had enough after eight rounds and quit on his stool much the same way Vitali was critisized for doing years back when he lost his first title to Chris Byrd (retiring while ahead due to a shoulder injury). In this case Peter simply didn’t want any more and shook his head “no.” The bout was stopped by the referee before the ninth round started, giving Klitschko an eighth round TKO victory. With the win he recaptured the WBC title.
- Canada’s Mikael Zewski returns Saturday in Atlantic City!
- Gonzalez-Arce clash promises fireworks Saturday in Mexico!
- Curtis Stevens vs. Hassan N’Dam Wednesday on ESPN2!
- Canadian news: Bute, Franjic and Claggett set to return!
- R.I.P. Dan Goossen — Boxing promoter passes at age 64
- Red Dawn: Artur Beterbiev DESTROYS Tavoris Cloud
PHOTOS from the Bell Centre in Montreal!
- Ricardo Mayorga and Sam Peter win in weekend action!
- Statement maker: Artur Beterbiev annihilates Tavoris Cloud in 210 seconds in his sixth pro fight to capture NABA title!
8 Responses to “Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.