Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair
By FightFan.com Staff (11-Oct-2008)
Vitali Klitschko TKO 9 Samuel Peter
Vitali Klitschko managed to put the injury bug behind him and looked sensational beating Sam Peter to the punch winning every round of their WBC heavyweight title fight earlier today at the O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. Vitali was simply more active with his punches and Peter, looking exremely sluggish, had nothing more than an occasional power-jab to offer in return. As each round went by Klitschko continued to bust up Peter’s face. While Peter took the shots well, he’d had enough after eight rounds and quit on his stool much the same way Vitali was critisized for doing years back when he lost his first title to Chris Byrd (retiring while ahead due to a shoulder injury). In this case Peter simply didn’t want any more and shook his head “no.” The bout was stopped by the referee before the ninth round started, giving Klitschko an eighth round TKO victory. With the win he recaptured the WBC title.
- WATCH Rob Nichols vs. David Whittom Canadian “Fight of the Year” candidate and tell us who you think won
- Highlights: Santa Cruz tops Mares in a barn burner!
- Watch Canadian Denton Daley’s “KO of the Year” candidate stoppage on another thrilling United Promotions card!
- Steve Claggett and Stuart McLellan officially announce their Sept. 18 Canadian title fight at Grand Opening of Red Deer and District Boxing Club in Alberta!
- Santa Cruz wins battle of Los Angeles, Mosley stops Mayorga with a liver shot!
- Mares and Santa Cruz collide on ESPN Saturday!
- Mayweather spars for media to promote Berto fight: “I expect a hell of a fight from Andre Berto!”
- Teofista Boxing Series 17: Claggett-McLellan Canadian title clash headlines another great night of action in Calgary, AB!