Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair
By FightFan.com Staff (11-Oct-2008)
Vitali Klitschko TKO 9 Samuel Peter
Vitali Klitschko managed to put the injury bug behind him and looked sensational beating Sam Peter to the punch winning every round of their WBC heavyweight title fight earlier today at the O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. Vitali was simply more active with his punches and Peter, looking exremely sluggish, had nothing more than an occasional power-jab to offer in return. As each round went by Klitschko continued to bust up Peter’s face. While Peter took the shots well, he’d had enough after eight rounds and quit on his stool much the same way Vitali was critisized for doing years back when he lost his first title to Chris Byrd (retiring while ahead due to a shoulder injury). In this case Peter simply didn’t want any more and shook his head “no.” The bout was stopped by the referee before the ninth round started, giving Klitschko an eighth round TKO victory. With the win he recaptured the WBC title.
- Golovkin on weight – Rubio 1.8 pounds over at weigh-in!
- Stone Cold: Donaire and Walters face off at weigh-in!
- All-action Steve Cunningham faces another unbeaten heavyweight in Natu Visinia Saturday in Philadelphia!
- Nonito Donaire slight underdog in title fight vs. Nicholas Walters this weekend in California!
- “Time to Shine”: Canuck Champ Steve ‘The Dragon’ Claggett Faces Felipe De la Paz on November 21 in Calgary
- Canadian Quick Jabs: Cotroni Stops Reittie; Villeneuve and Butler Earn Wins; Smichet Replaces Rolls Against Trotter
- An inside look at Gennady Golovkin’s training camp!
- Canadian Quick Jabs: Pascal, Stevenson and Beterbiev to return in December?
8 Responses to “Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.