Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair
By FightFan.com Staff (11-Oct-2008)
Vitali Klitschko TKO 9 Samuel Peter
Vitali Klitschko managed to put the injury bug behind him and looked sensational beating Sam Peter to the punch winning every round of their WBC heavyweight title fight earlier today at the O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. Vitali was simply more active with his punches and Peter, looking exremely sluggish, had nothing more than an occasional power-jab to offer in return. As each round went by Klitschko continued to bust up Peter’s face. While Peter took the shots well, he’d had enough after eight rounds and quit on his stool much the same way Vitali was critisized for doing years back when he lost his first title to Chris Byrd (retiring while ahead due to a shoulder injury). In this case Peter simply didn’t want any more and shook his head “no.” The bout was stopped by the referee before the ninth round started, giving Klitschko an eighth round TKO victory. With the win he recaptured the WBC title.
- David Lemieux and the punch that could change everything!
- ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez vs. Brian Viloria Saturday on HBO!
- Golovkin vs. Lemieux: Words before War!
- Fight week fever in Calgary as Dekada’s “Premier Fight Night” card set for Oct. 16 featuring Wierzbicki, O’Connell, Ford, Nichols, Samuel, Enns and more!
- US Invasion: ALA Fighters Nietes, Magsayo and Pagara Bros take centre stage on Oct. 17 “Philippines vs the World” card!
- Watch: Bracero ices O’Connor in KO of the Year candidate!
- Flanagan and Smith win world titles on a violent edition of BoxNation, Linares and Alvarez win, Cruz out-points Gabino!
- Weekend Boxing TV Schedule for Oct. 9/10: Jorge Linares, Orlando Cruz, Flanagan-Magdaleno II, O’Connor-Bracero, Tackie-Alvarez, more!