Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair
By FightFan.com Staff (11-Oct-2008)
Vitali Klitschko TKO 9 Samuel Peter
Vitali Klitschko managed to put the injury bug behind him and looked sensational beating Sam Peter to the punch winning every round of their WBC heavyweight title fight earlier today at the O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. Vitali was simply more active with his punches and Peter, looking exremely sluggish, had nothing more than an occasional power-jab to offer in return. As each round went by Klitschko continued to bust up Peter’s face. While Peter took the shots well, he’d had enough after eight rounds and quit on his stool much the same way Vitali was critisized for doing years back when he lost his first title to Chris Byrd (retiring while ahead due to a shoulder injury). In this case Peter simply didn’t want any more and shook his head “no.” The bout was stopped by the referee before the ninth round started, giving Klitschko an eighth round TKO victory. With the win he recaptured the WBC title.
- Potential “Fight of the Year” alert! Orlando Salido KO’s Terdsak Kokietgym in 11 after a knockdown filled war!
- Final Results from Foxwoods: Dargan and Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles!
- Saturday Scorecard: Groves defeats Rebrasse, Dawejko destroys Banks, Dargan beats Perez in a thriller!
- Mchunu vs.Wilson: Saturday afternoon boxing on NBC!
- ‘Siri’ Salido faces Kokietgym for interim WBO title Saturday!
- Big Ben’s Boxing Beat: Wilson in Critical Condition; Quigg Retains WBA Title; Skoglund Still Perfect, More!
- ‘Saint’ George Groves returns Saturday in Wembley!
- Heavyweight Mark de Mori returns Saturday in Germany!
8 Responses to “Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair”
Disclaimer: FightFan.com will NOT be held responsible for ANY of the content appearing in the following discussion, but will do it's best ensure that the discussion stays relevant, beneficial, and acceptable to the readers of this site.
Leave a Reply
Note: We love to hear everyone's say, good or bad, but please try to keep your comments classy. Racist, sexist, homophobic, and otherwise tasteless remarks will not be tolerated. If you wish to ensure that your comments are posted right away (and not held for moderation) avoid using questionable language.
FightFan.com reserves the right to withhold, delete, and edit any comments which do not seem suitable to the discussion. FightFan.com also reserves the right to permanently ban any user that posts any comment that is deemed as unacceptable.