Vitali Klitschko batters Peter in a one sided affair
By FightFan.com Staff (11-Oct-2008)
Vitali Klitschko TKO 9 Samuel Peter
Vitali Klitschko managed to put the injury bug behind him and looked sensational beating Sam Peter to the punch winning every round of their WBC heavyweight title fight earlier today at the O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. Vitali was simply more active with his punches and Peter, looking exremely sluggish, had nothing more than an occasional power-jab to offer in return. As each round went by Klitschko continued to bust up Peter’s face. While Peter took the shots well, he’d had enough after eight rounds and quit on his stool much the same way Vitali was critisized for doing years back when he lost his first title to Chris Byrd (retiring while ahead due to a shoulder injury). In this case Peter simply didn’t want any more and shook his head “no.” The bout was stopped by the referee before the ninth round started, giving Klitschko an eighth round TKO victory. With the win he recaptured the WBC title.
- Chavez Jr. beats Vera cleanly in rematch on HBO!
- Lomachenko comes up short in title bid against Salido!
- Cam O’Connell scores a first round KO in Edmonton!
- Jelena Mrdjenovich reigns supreme headlining in Edmonton!
- Abraham regains title, Crawford dethrones Burns!
- HBO News Update: Chavez and Vera clash TONIGHT!
- Rearmament: The return of Adam ‘A-Bomb’ Trupish!
- Mayweather Promotions ShoBox Card Highlighted by big upset of previously unbeaten Badou Jack!